Saturday, July 10, 2010

UPDATE

Ok so recently I have been feeling bloggers remorse. meaning.. I have spent time reading other people's blogs, thinking to myself 'man I really wish I had time to write something on my blog' and then carry on with my day.... not writing anything at all.

Not to say that I'm not writing, because as most people who know me, know I am interning at The Alabama Baptist Newspaper this summer, and I'm basically writing all day everyday. (just not the fun stuff, in NON-AP style :) )

So let me just say that there are two blogs (both of people I know) that I have been consistently reading for pure entertainment. LOVE them! They are full of funny stories and great photos, and really who doesn't love a story with photos??

RANDOM STORY BUT KINDOF ON TOPIC -- ok here's a quick story about how good these blogs are: I am subscribed to my friend Laura's twitter (check her out @lwilderwoman) and anyways because I work an 8-5 job I don't get to check my facebook and twitter as often as I'd like so I'm subscribed to certain people so their updates get sent to my phone. Anyways Laura tweeted that she had a new blog post and I was DYING to go read it. I waited till I finished what I was working on to take a little... um... let's call it a break? So I logged on and started to read. It was so good, that I scrolled down and noticed their was a couple I had missed. As I was reading I completely lost track of time, and actually started laughing out loud.... OUT LOUD. Now this would not be a problem if I had controllable laughter, but if you know me you know that once I start, it becomes even funnier the more I try to stifle it. All in all, lesson learned, wait till I get home to read these oh so enjoyably entertaining blog posts. ...and maybe unsubcribe some of my twitter contacts from my phone, seeing as how they tempt me so! ....on second thought, I'll just work on the first part.

Back to reality...

Other blogs I have been checking out are Home Decorating, Design on a Budget, Do it Yourself type of crafting, revamp old furniture blogs. This is because well, first of all I LOVE craft projects and secondly I am moving into a new apartment for my senior year of college, so I've been looking for COLLEGE BUDGET FRIENDLY projects and cheap ways to make yard sale finds, my style... ha, or just sanitary enough to be around.

All that to say, its a Saturday. No work, nothing to stop me from whipping up a blog post, so that's exactly what's happening. I'd also like to say that I'm going to work on writing more frequently.... because there are QUITE a few ISSUES going down in my life, and this just may be an interesting way to vent. Well... we'll see.

Until next time.
Katie Wood

1 comment:

  1. ahhh! I am so flattered! Thank you so much for the plug ;) ...I'm ready to see more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete