Saturday, July 24, 2010

Into the Vortex

So today was the day mom and I were going to venture out and find a slip cover for one of our yard sale treasures. Mom got a mail flyer that advertised slipcovers at Old Time Pottery for $39.99. Which was a great price, especially after looking at ones from Wal-mart, Target, HomeGoods, and Overstock.com. costing anywhere between $50-$100.

Once we arrived at OTP mom gets a memory flashback. (I love when this happens) She looked at me and said.... "Oh my gosh, Katie, exactly 22 years ago to the day (when she was pregnant with me) I came into THIS store, which back then was K-mart. I came in here barefoot because my feet were so swollen none of my shoes fit me."

So then I respond, (having just watched the movie 17 Again last night with mom) "When we cross through those sliding doors, what if we go into a vortex and I go back into your womb!!!?"
Mom laughs and says yeah right.... while I ominously say... "We are knowingly entering into our fate right now"

Mom chuckles to herself, and no lie as we walk through the door I slip (yes it had been raining... I'm not super clumsy) and almost fall and hit my head, catching myself on mom's arm before I do.

We both stare into each others eyes, wide and full, knowing for sure that if in fact I had hit my head, the vortex would have swallowed me up into her womb.

Luckily it did not, meaning I was able to get a great slipcover and some AMAZING throw pillows. Mission Accomplished.

Just thought I'd share this random moment in time. :)

Pictures to come of the slipcover and pillows.

Side note: Sarah and her mom were at OTP at the same time we were. We had a blast milling about looking for cool things for our new apartment. I especially enjoyed it when either of our moms would hold up something completely hideous or all together useless and tell us how cute it was or how much we needed to get it, since it was after all on SUPER SALE.

Good times!


No comments:

Post a Comment