Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Birthday Wish list Updated

So this morning before work, my wonderful mother went online and ordered me 3 things from my birthday wish list: the comforter, shower curtain, and shower liner!! I could not be more excited!!!!!! AH!! ... feel my excitement!

So I thought I'd like to put a few new items on my list.... If not as birthday gifts but just things I need/want. This is basically a list to remind myself, so don't get all crazy thinking I'm so greedy. Whatever.

1. I have seen these for a few years, and being the penny pincher I am always find an excuse not to buy one. However, recently I find myself wishing I had this item, KNOWING I would use it all the time, especially at school. You guessed it. It is a to-go tumbler with straw. The one I really like is the Starbucks Venti tumbler with the green straw, but I think it got discontinued?? I haven't been able to find it for sale anywhere.
I like the Turvis Tumblers and tried to find one with my initial on it, but didn't find any pics of one online... or where to buy it. ALSO: it says that it takes 3 weeks to monogram and ship out... which seems a bit ridiculous for a cup.

So i started searching similar options and found these!
For $3.99!


They are tumblers that come in several color options, and are sold mainly to companies, and you can print your logo on the side (for $50ish) or whatever, but it is super cheap to get them blank! Still cute and functional! Here's the website:
http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/sports-bottles/2276/16-oz-double-wall-acrylic-tumbler-with-straw.htm

2. Ok so, I recently went into Bath&BodyWorks at the Galleria, for the first time in who knows how long? And they are having some AMAZING DEALS! I bought my very first wall flower, and got 2 refill bottles free all for $12.99. The scents I got were Carribbean Escape (to finish out the last monthes of summer) and Kitchen Spice (which smells like the most warm, cinnamon, vanilla, spice goodness... and will be PERFECT for fall) I love their new candles and would love to get one their new portable scents for my car. The scent I loved that was too strong for my apartment was ISLAND NECTAR. (sooo good!) I think it would be perfect for my car though. They are onsale for $5 at Bath and Body Works!! They had a ton of good smells to choose from!


Awesome! They are also having some pretty good deals on their wall flowers mix and match 4 for $20. And buy 1 get one free. Check out their website.
http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=2488772&cp=2484529

3. Another trend I have been loving lately that I haven't made the effort to jump onto are headbands. And not just the skinny metallic ones (I did go that far, and bought a back of 4 skinny ones) But I'm talking about the headbands with some sort of embellishment on the side, making it extra special and polishing off a whole look. I'm not sure where to find the best ones or even what good prices for these are.... but here are two that I found at Sears.com for $5.98 each.

They have ones with the flower or bow on the side that are really cool, I don't know if I could handle something so big though? Who knows?
And they also have ones that have some sort of jeweled design which I love! It gives it an extra pop, and says look at me, in a way that’s not too flashy.
All in all, this is a trend I want to get on top of. I've seen several headbands recently that have an embellishment, and have a homemade or crafty look that would go great with casual or dressy attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment