Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Birthday Planning!!!!

I am a planner. There's nothing more that can really be said. I make lists, endless lists, all day everyday. Lists on what I need to do when I get home, list of what I need to accomplish before I leave the office, lists of movies and books I want to read, lists of projects I want to do, lists of people I need to email, lists of ideas I have..... THE LIST GOES ON.....

So now that it is birthday time... aka ULTRA EXCITING time to PLAN time. I will brainstorm aloud. I have already sent out a save the date to make sure my friends aren't double booking on my birthday. So here's the plans thus far:

Dinner at my house. Grill out on the deck, with the tiki torches lit, and music playing in the background.

We have a great deck and plenty of room to entertain. I like having meals at home, because not only are they more personal they save your guests some money.

After dinner I'd like to do 2 things. One being roast marshmellows and make smores around our fire pit on the deck. Yummo! (Mom and share a birthday which we'll celebrate together on our actual birthday, so by the time I have my party I'm sure cake is the last thing I'll be wanting) Smores is a perfect summer birthday dessert!

Another thing I'd like to do is some sort of activity. Mainly a craft that my friends can take home, and have something to keep and remember the night. I'm thinking of doing some sort of decoupage project, and have everyone create their own masterpiece. Maybe a picture frame, photo-box or magnet.... i don't know... something that takes about an hour or less. Here's what I'm thinking:


I really like the photo boxes so if I can find those cheap at Michaels that's what I'd prefer, but I thought these were some other creative ideas using old book pages and scrapbook paper.


To create these looks, all you do is use wallpaper, newspaper and magazine clippings, stickers, pictures, fabric, you name it, and apply an adhesive decoupage medium such as Mod Podge using a paint brush, sponge brush, tweezers etc. to get the desired look.

THEN! We will travel to Brittany Breeding's BRAND NEW HOME. That's right people my friend is a HOMEOWNER. Whoa.... so She has graciously offered it up for and I quote, "whatever birthday shenanigans I so desire" hahaha I love her. Check out her beautiful house!
Once we arrive there will be snacks such as these tasty chips.

And perhaps a frozen beverage such as this:
And obviously there will be dancing such as this:

So there you have it folks, you are just as caught up as I am on birthday planning. This was just a brainstorm of ideas. Let me know what you think, or any suggestions you may have!

2 comments: