Saturday, January 23, 2010

its a rental

So whether your in college or have been in college, you know that books are outrageously expensive. I always wait till THE last minute to purchase my books, and always try to get USED if they have any. I like to check all the local stores after the university book store to compare prices.
This year however, I only had to buy 5 books and after checking all the prices around town, the price for just two books was $230.
OUTRAGEOUS!
So, I decided to look at other options out there. I had never bought any of my books online before, but with prices like these I had to give it a look. I checked amazon.com, half.com, and even ebay, but the prices were all still very high. (and it's not like I'm taking advanced chemical engineering or anything! they are just spanish, art, and journalism books!)
Anyways, I saw on ad on the side of my facebook page, which I know sounds soo weird and random, and usually I don't even notice them. But this one caught my attention. It was an advertisement to RENT textbooks!
I checked out the website, read some testimonials to make sure it was legit, and found all of my books for less than $200! They paid my shipping and will pay my return shipping when I'm finished.

I am so excited, and I'm going to pick them up at my house today! Their website allows you to actually track your purchases, so it was so cool seeing my book leave from chicago then arrive in nashville, ect.

The website is bookrenter.com and I highly recommend it.
(I also felt very 'forward thinking' with renting my textbooks! haha)
Until next time
ROLL TIDE
(on a side note, UA beat MSU in basketball today!)

1 comment: