Wednesday, January 6, 2010

it's a new year

This year I am pledging to maintain a blog. Hopefully in doing so, I will somehow become more organized in other areas of my life. The big thing on my mind is currently: THE JOB SEARCH.

As a junior in college with 3 semesters left, with 3 internships under my belt, I am still unsure of what exactly I want to do. Journalism is a changing field these days, and I have no choice but to change along with it. Right now I think I would enjoy something in design. Whether it be Web design, magazine spreads, or even ads. Hopefully my minor graphic design will come in handy.

Speaking of graphic design, I just got the Adobe Creative Suite4 for Christmas. Adobe CS4 is the current design standard and I am so exciting to have a personal copy on my laptop. It's the student edition which is about 85% less then the regular edtions with all of the same features and quality. Software is the one thing you should really invest in as students, because the prices only go up, up, up!



With 4 days left I hope to make some progress on summer job searching, as well as a possible job for spring during the weekends.

On a side note, I am anxiously awaiting the BCS Championship game! Alabama vs. Texas.
I am really sad I didn't get to road trip out to Pasadena to support my school, but I have been living vicariously via several friends updates and pictures they've uploaded to facebook. I will however be supporting the Crimson Tide by watching it on a big screen with lots of friends and family!
Until next time
ROLL TIDE

No comments:

Post a Comment