Tuesday, January 12, 2010

its a bama nation

After a wonderful month long break, I am finally back at my second home. THE University of Alabama... also known as the 2009 BSC NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!! WOOHOO!!! Not only am I back at school ready to start a new semester, but I am back with a new excitement.
The championship merchandise is coming out of the wazoo over here, and i LOVE it! I think I learned in my anthropology class last semester, that people, no matter who they are or where they're from, if they have a common interest or are from the same place or associated 'home' to be the same as a total stranger, then they will cling to each other in a bond that is like no other.
I think that is what I am seeing around me constantly. From the hoodies, to caps, from T-shirts, to bumper stickers, the entire town is in a joyous bond over the Crimson Tide's success. Shop clerks are friendlier, cashier's are kinder, and students who are would-be-strangers have an instant conversation starter and bonding point.
ahh, whatever it is, I am loving the feeling of togetherness and camaraderie. There really is nothing like it.
Saturday at 2pm there will be a special celebration ceremony held at Bryant-Denny stadium (sacred ground) that is open to the public free of charge. Providing yet another opportunity to join together in total respect and admiration of a school, team, coach, and town that came out on top.

-on a side note, the coaches trophy- the crystal football which Nick Saban and the team so lovingly held above their heads and delicately kissed (which was kind of weird) was displayed in the Tuscaloosa Wal-Mart for photo-ops....
I mean really, what kind of idea are the people outside of Alabama going to get when they hear our sacred statue was placed in Wal-mart, and will be traveling to Wal-marts all over the state for people to view. haha oh well!
Congrats to my team, my school, and my city of Tuscaloosa. I am so proud to be here, especially during this historic time. I will never forget it.. neither will the record books.
ROLL TIDE

1 comment: